The Four V’s of Big Data
The 4 Characteristics of Big Data
- Big data is a more or large set of distinct and complex data from the sources of new data. The characteristics or 4 V’s of big data are variety, velocity, volume and veracity.
- Big data is a large volume set of data and also it includes the data mining, storage of data, analysis of data, data framework, visualization of data and sharing the data.
- Big data, analyzed the perception and leads to take better decisions and business moves by analyzing the market strategy.
- Big data enhance the new deals opportunities for companies and also give a better decisions and optimize the strategies for the companies. Big data can have many sources of huge data from social media, e – commerce like Amazon, Flipkart and so on, wether forecast, share market and so on.
- Big data analytics, estimate the analytic techniques, distinct data sets that include structured data, semi-structured data and unstructured data of the big data with the different data, velocity and huge volume of the data.
- Big data analytics is analyze the different data set and also finds the hidden patterns, marketing and also provide a better decisions for the business moves to enhance their business. There are many big data analytic tools and some of them are splunk, kafka, apache pig apache hadoop, apache spark, Apache HBase and so on.
- Advantages of big data are,
It has the predictive analysis for the companies, prevents from the functioning risks.
This analyzes helps to enhance the business with satisfying the customer in their product.
Healthcare in big data kept the patient in doctor’s observation in live and gives the medical treatment with the previous medical report.
Improves the efficiency of functionality of the product, better decision making, and better user experience.
Using big data, we can competitive with the big business.
It increase the sales and reputation.
To optimize the cost.
- Big data can be used in many applications are banking, manufacturing, academic, IT, retail, transportation, telecommunication, government sectors and health care and so on. Also big data has a case study and some of them are Wal-Mart, American express, Uber, Netflix, procter and gamble and so on.
4 V’s OF BIG DATA
The characteristics of big data or 4 V’s of big data are,
- Volume (Scalable data)
- Velocity (Stream data analysis)
- Variety (Various form of data)
- Veracity (Uncertainty data )
- Volume specifies the scalable of the data. Volume has a huge size of distinct data sets with the quantity of produce and stock the data and the data has larger than the terabytes and petabytes.
- The many data are in form of unstructured data, so it can be filter the data by the analytic tools and extract vital data which can be used for the business. Now, we using distributed system for stock the data in various locations with the software frame work like hadoop.
- Amount of data is increasing every two years doubly. For example, high volume set of distinct data on the transaction like credit card on a day.
- Velocity specifies the analysis the stream of the data. Data flow is an enormous and infinite. High data velocity required the distinct data activity techniques.
- Speed of data flow is produce and activity to satisfy the demands.
- Speed of data means, the data produce in fast and how the data can be processed quickly to satisfy demand. For example, high data velocity produced in Instagram or Facebook posts, Twitter message and so on. are some of the real – life time examples.
- Variety specifies the different or various forms of the data. Variety means different forms of data. It has many sources and various data types. The data used to store in the excel or spreadsheet in the variety of data. Data has various formats like structured data, semi – structured data and unstructured data.
(1) Structured data:
Structured data is in the form of an organized data. This data, define the data length and the data format and the example is database management system.
(2) Semi – Structured data:
- Semi – structured data is in the form of semi – organizing data.
- This data cannot confirm the structure of formal data.
- Example for this data is a log files or csv (comma separated values) file.
(3) Unstructured data:
- Unstructured data is an unorganized data.
- This data doesn’t store in the structure of tradition row and column of the relational database.
- Today, generating the data in organizations are 90% unstructured data. For example, XML, presentation, message, audio, video, webpage and so on.
- Veracity specifies the uncertainty of the data and reliability of the data.
- Veracity refers the noise, latency and ambiguity and so on the data.
- Veracity has the quality of encapsulated data with the various levels of uncertainty data, reliable and consistent.
- It analyze the data quality or available for data uncertainty, it creates a impact on the data so companies can quick react to make the exact solution.
- Data veracity has a biggest challenge for the companies, this v is a most complicated and complex challenge in the characteristics of v. Veracity – trustworthiness, accountability, authenticity and reputation.
- For companies, data can be clean, consistent, latency free, effective and efficient. Veracity of data, it’s a trial data or experiment of the data on the particular department.
Big data is used to verify the large set of volume data and to optimize the market strategy. The big data should be process with the data analytics and algorithms for the accuracy and efficiency data information.
The characteristics of big data or 4 V’s of big data are the Volume, Velocity, Variety and Veracity of distinct set of data information and analyzing the data and make a better decisions for optimize the business.